Tuesday, November 6, 2012

home office/gym

Lately i’ve been planning out the dead space in an extra room upstairs. Since our family consists of only two members right now –including myself-, we won’t be needing that room for quite a while.
My plans are: A little corner used as a home gym, an office, plus a small day bed for snoozing during the day.
I’m doing a little research on what the best equipments for a home gym are, since I obviously will limit my choices to 1 or 2 workout machines, a little dumb bells and a BOSU ball. I used one of those a while ago with a pilates instructor, it was an unexpectedly tough workout.

The best part of my research however, as you might have already guessed, is the design process. Throughout the house I intend to use green/blue palettes, as I find them most appealing to my eye. In this space however I would like to use a different color scheme, something a little more daring with a fun edge to it. Right now all the furniture I have is white, so I’m not sure what other wood finishes I’ll be adding to the scheme yet.
Light coral, blues and greens is on the top of my list now. I want to make it an energetic space, as it gets lots of beautiful sunlight in the morning, with fresh colors the area will be very inviting. Ferrari-458-Italia-rear[1]

Photo on left from HGTV, Its actually a craft room combined with a living and office space. I like the pops of blue and the window seat. Photo on right from decorpad has a beautiful hickory style chair. I like how everything is in white and blue, which makes any other color pop out as a feature in the office area.
766ed460da35  b40eebb189e6 Baskets and foldable chairs are also great space savers. Slipcovers make a space all the more cozy and easy to clean.
I’ll post photos once I start mapping it out, this post is keeping me super inspired!

signature_thumb[1]_thumb[1]

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails